Friday, October 7, 2011

NOBS WORLD "THANKSGIVING WEEKEND SPECIAL"

Good afternoon rugby fans all across this big Nobs World of ours.  So; what’s the special?  We have finally received word from one our original reporters from the RWC, no doubt shamed by the fine work of our Welsh correspondent John Truman.  Ravi  joins us from Australia!  More on Ravi for a bit.  My people in the know tell me that our Emperor for life, his son and two Cox’s are on tour in Iceland and then on to England where they hope to take in some Premiership games.  Nothing is secret in the Nobs World.  Barry Goldberg has informed us that for those of you who want to take in the Saturday and Sunday quarter finals that the Centaurs clubhouse will be open at 8am showing Ireland/Wales first and then England / France at 10am.  Sunday it’s South Africa /Australia, followed by New Zealand/Argentina.  There’s also touch in Burlington Sunday, at 1pm.  A full day of fun.  We would also like to thank all of those who have volunteered to referee for the dome but we could use a few more.  Ok, lets here from Ravi and his RWC report. Take it away Ravi,

From: Ravi Ponnambalam [mailto:raviponna@cogeco.ca]
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 3:41 AM
To: 'Craig Morley'
Subject: RE: NOBS WORLD ACTOBER 4TH

 

Hey Craig,

 

I had meant to drop you a line sooner but after the greeting I received by Richie & co (check out the photo) on arrival at Auckland I just got blown away and got lost in the All Black fever. Spent a day in Auckland and got to Sydney to spend the quarter final week end with some of my Aussie friends.

 

Sydney Harbor bridge and the opera house got a good taste of the NOBS shirt (see photo). Savitri and I are back in Auckland middle of next week in time for the Semis and then the finals.

 

NZ is all about rugby, they eat and drink the sport. A very passionate nation and I would love to have that passion spread to the land of the maple leaf (someday I hope), they are all obviously saddened by the loss of Dan Carter but they are confidant of the depth of the squad.

 

Enjoy the Quarters, I will be in an Aussie pub or at a downtown location to watch it on wide screen TV.

 

I will drop you a line once I get to NZ.

 

Cheers

Ravi

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment