Thursday, June 25, 2015

NOBS World "PART TWO; read me second " You miserable old bastard!

There is lots going on this week or should I say the week the past.  Happy birthday Bob Nye.  You don't look a day over 69!!  What's your secret?  We have a birthday greeting below from our mate Andrew Jackson.  

Here's a look at the two sides last Saturday in the alumni game.


Good-looking bunch of fellas.

Last Monday evening we played the staff College in the return match from last fall's game.  We haven't played them for a few years in the spring.  Past experience was that the spring edition was much stronger than the fall edition.  In a game we could've won we didn't.  Give full credit to the staff side they play with intensity and youth something foreign to us.  All the same a great game and a great time was had by all.  Special thanks to the bar stuff in our cooks who provided at top drawer post game meal.
Thanks guys.  That's it, enjoy the message from our friend the Geordie.  Da Thug 
Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bob Nye <bobflynye@hotmail.com>
Date: June 20, 2015 at 9:32:06 AM EDT
To: "camorley09@gmail.com" <camorley09@gmail.com>
Subject: FW: You miserable old bastard!


 

From: bobflynye@hotmail.com
To: camorle09@gmail.com
Subject: FW: You miserable old bastard!
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 09:30:09 -0400

Craig,
 He,s got the day wrong but that does,nt matter.
Could you please pass this on to the club?He said its ok.
Thanks,
Bob.

From: ajackson283@gmail.com
To: bobflynye@hotmail.com
CC: efjackson98@googlemail.com
Subject: You miserable old bastard!
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 22:22:31 +0100

Hi Bobby, hope you are well and fighting fit.

 

Appreciate the Email is a little premature but all the very best for Sunday. I wish I was there to celebrate with you, however I will raise a glass to you Sunday – and Evan now 16 will have a sneaky beer and you will be the toast.

 

Great experience for all of us in Canada – I am now back in the rat race in London with my family back in the North East – not perfect but we make it work. We all reminisce about many things in our four years there but one stands out for me and Evan and that is the Sundays, and the odd Thursdays at Burlington. Both Evan and I miss it dearly.

 

Yes the Rugby was great, but the company, the laughs, and the craic was just top class. We miss you all.

 

We are planning a visit to Canada in the next twelve months so no doubt you will get a surprise visit from Evan I and I some time – I suspect winter.

 

Tell all we are asking on them and enjoy your day on Sunday. You don't look a day over 73 lol.

 

Unsure what everyone's plans are during world cup – if folk are coming over to UK make certain I know – I will travel anywhere to catch up for a few pints – all on me.

 

Take care.

 

Andrew Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment