Monday, September 3, 2012

NOBS WORLD SEPTEMBER 3RD 2012 "START THINKING ABOUT THE GAME"

Yes sir, that's what our old fearless leader; The Emperor for life, Mel Crossfield  would be saying as the leisurely days of August turn to September; "start thinking about the game!"  This coming Sunday we travel to Brampton to start the second half of the season.  Kickoff is 1pm.  The next Sunday, September 16th we are home for the NOBS 10 aside tournament, that starts at 12pm.  As in past years we would like everyone dressed and ready to go for 11:30am.  On the 23rd we will be travelling to Peterborough, while the game on the 30th is TBA.  Lets get ready to rumble.  The new 30th Anniversary jerseys are in and if you have already paid, let me know and I will get you yours.
  Now for the rest of you, please check out the photo  below of the less than savory character we've hired to help us collect our depts.
 
Do I need to say more?   Lets just say; we'll be in touch.
 
Received an email below from one of the greats of GTA Rugby, former Irish and NOB player, Geoff Ellwan.  He sends us along an invitation to a Balmy Beach Rugby Banquet and a message to all his old NOBS friends. 
 
 I will be out Thursday night with the new jerseys, Da Thug
----- Original Message -----
 

> Craig,
>   This came my way from the the Beach via Irish.
>   It may interest some of the guys on the NOBS list.
>   By the way, thanks for keeping me in the loop I love to hear all about
> the NOBS.
>
>   Last thing...
>     When I left the NOBS the guys were kind enough to give me a NOBS
> pocket watch.  For five years it lay in my dresser drawer.
>     But now, here in Calgary I am a lawyer.  Which means every so often I
> have to put on robes, which include a waistcoat.  In that waistcoat I
> now carry my NOBS pocket watch with the chain across the front.  I
> hope it brings my clients good luck. It always brings me good
> memories.
>      Geoff
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment