Monday, April 30, 2018

NOBS NEWS: May 1st

Well the domes are coming down. There is one more Tuesday afternoon session 4-5:00 tomorrow.

Thursday we will be outside. I believe we will be on the soccer pitch on your right before you come into the parking lot. If not there, then come to the clubhouse - 7:00 start

Speaking of showing up.....we had a very poor turnout for the membership night. In total - myself, Derek, Ryan, Brian, Nick, Chistina, Rolf, and Keith - that would be eight! I did hear from a few, with apologies. It is tough to plan events if there is little interest. Our survey said there was interest, but it appears it is easy to say "next time". We are open to suggestions and but expect some reasonable level of engagement. Derek has quite an array of spirits to still raffle off.

The plan this Saturday May 5 was to be In Oshawa, but it appears that we had a glitch in getting entered. - so, we are not. I reached out to Tek Ang of the Oshawa Runes and he says if you want a game, you definitely will be able to get one or two. I will send out the schedule that I got separately. Our friends the GITS will be making an appearance. If you are thinking of going let me know and I will connect you to others thinking about it.

Last note - thanks to Derek for arranging the CPR and AED training session. For those that attended, we have the power to save lives!

Thanks Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment