Tuesday, November 28, 2017

NOBS News: Various updates and Tid Bits

DOME News: We are coming to a close for the Fall Dome on Tuesday's and Thursday's.  I believe we go right up to  December 21st.  And there may be a Dec 28 night, but not sure.  After the Holidays we only have access to the Dome on Thursday nights from 6-7.  At this time we are only committing to a ½ Dome for the Thursday night based on our pre-Christmas numbers for the 6-7 time slot.  The Jan. to Mar. 17-week period will cost $150.00.  The League still continues, for those who want to play League you will need to enter your own team.  The NOBS will not enter the team on your behalf, but we can assist!

 

PUB NIGHT:  It has been some time since we have had some social time outside of the clubhouse.  We are planning a pub night at the Queen's Head in Burlington on Friday December 8th ~7:30.  Significant others more than welcome to attend. They are even encourage!  This is a drop in event given it is a busy time of year.  Hope to see you there.

 

Other News:  A number of you have been asking after Craig Morley over the past few weeks after he let everyone know he was diagnosed with ALS.  If you would like to visit Craig please give Tracy a call in advance to arrange a good time.  The address is 355 Appleby Line (just south of New Street and Fern Drive on the east side), Tracy's phone number is 905-681-3039.  

 

We heard from our "one legged friend" this week Jimmy..

Hi Kevin, just in case anyone might be remotely interesting here is an update on me.Baz came to my house the week after my operation so that might have got to you. Since then I had the cast off at two weeks and went into a boot cast and everything was looking good the doc pleased no infection etc so he suggested I go to physio....so I had an appraisal and started last Friday and that;s when it all went wrong. I hopped down my steps and the short bit when we got there and I said my right ankle was sore. He said maybe ice for 10 mins and he suggested a wheel chair and Sandra called and in fact is picking it up today ( Monday). However Friday night when I tried to use the crutched to go to bed I couldn`t put weight on the right foot so I was quite literally legless!!

The surgeon had told me not to use anti inflamatories so all Sat I struggled and Sandra was dragging me around on an office type chair with wheels. By nightime I was in a lot of pain so I said sod it and took an anti inflamatory and lo and behold a pain level of 8 went down to about 4  and I had a good sleep but next day couldn`t put foot down again. THis morning we tried the surgeon but office was closed so we got our family doc. he ummed about the pills probably not wanting to go against the other doc. and talked about it being gout etc when it is obvious to me I am putting all my weight on a foot that hasn`t been 100% for years. Anyhow he came up with some new pills and hopefully by tomorrow or day after I will be on crutches again. Dick Sharman has emailed me and is going to pick me up for the fish and chips so I have that as my goal  for this week.

Give my regards to the dome crowd......Jim ( hopalong)

 

Where the hell is Keith's new hip?  I thought he would be strutting his stuff by now!

No comments:

Post a Comment